Privacy Notice and Notice of Information Practices
Sterling Resources Insurance Agency, Inc.
Sterling Resources International of Bermuda
Sterling Resources Ltd.
Sterling Resources Insurance Agency, Inc. and its affiliates Sterling Resources International of Bermuda and Sterling Resources Ltd. (collectively "Sterling") respect you and your right to privacy. We want you to know about our policies and procedures for protecting the privacy of your nonpublic personal and financial information that we receive, and your rights regarding such information.
1. What kind of information we collect about you
We collect non-public information about you from the following sources:
- Information provided by you directly to us, such as your address, social security number, income, expenses, assets and liabilities; and
- Information that we receive from nonaffiliated third parties, such as your accountant, financial advisors, investment advisors or any lawyers or law firms that may be involved with your insurance planning process; and
- Medical, health and avocation information provided either (a) by you directly to us or (b) by your physician(s) with your express authorization.
2. What we do with the information we collect about you
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates and use that information for purposes related to our providing services to you. In addition, we may disclose information about you to an insurance carrier for purposes of assisting you in the procurement of life insurance contracts. Generally, we will not disclose the nonpublic information about you in our records to any other organization not affiliated with Sterling without your prior authorization. However, as required by law, we may disclose certain information about you in response to a subpoena or other discovery request made in a litigation matter.
3. Who has access to your information in our records
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to your nonpublic personal and financial information contained in our records. Access to such information is restricted to individuals who need to know the information to service your account or to provide products or services to you. We will educate our employees about the terms of this Notice and the importance of confidentiality and consumer privacy. Each employee of Sterling is required to sign and comply with a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement.